AWM2 failure problem

  • Subject: AWM2 failure problem
  • From: "garygfx" <garygfx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:42:07 -0000

Has anyone had problems with the AWM2 X10 module? I've got 4=20
installed. One has died twice, another has died after 18 months, and=20
the third died for 2 weeks but has strangely come back to life.

They were all installed by a qualified electrician and my supply has=20
been checked out to make sure there's nothing wrong and it's fully=20
earthed. Marmitek haven't got back to me so I'm up the creek,=20
especially when it gets dark!

Although they are out of warranty and I don't want to trouble the=20
retailer again, I feel that Marmitek should replace the faulty items=20
as it's not reasonable to have to replace a lighting control unit=20
every 18 months. At =A370 each they're not exactly disposable=20
lightbulbs. :-(

Any advice please?

Thanks,
Gary.