Re: A second TiVo?

"Don McAllister" wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Think you'll end up with a second peanut in the room, a single won't
control
> two Tivos.

Thats ok. 2 separate controls for the 2 rooms is fine - they need to be
setup differently too, 2 different volume IR codes....

> XBMC is a great media player but won't record. You can stream from a
Tivo
> and playback is fairly smooth but I wouldn't use it as primary way of
> accessing Tivo source material. It's a bit noisy as well for some ears
(the
> xbox that is)
>
> It really depends on what you want the second box to do and if you're
> considering to replicate the functionality of the 1st Tivo, I'd
probably
be
> looking at a second Tivo.

You see, I really dont know the answer to this question, Im not sure if its
for media playbback only, or for pure TiVo functionality

> There is some software available to link both Tivos and intelligently
> schedule recordings, shift recordings about, etc but I haven't the
luxury
of
> 2 Tivos to play with.

Yea, I saw the script for resolving conflicts, and like that a lot!!

Thanks

Simon