RE: A second TiVo?

  • Subject: RE: A second TiVo?
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:36:59 +0100

Simon,

Think you'll end up with a second peanut in the room, a single won't
control
two Tivos.

XBMC is a great media player but won't record. You can stream from a Tivo
and playback is fairly smooth but I wouldn't use it as primary way of
accessing Tivo source material. It's a bit noisy as well for some ears (the
xbox that is)

It really depends on what you want the second box to do and if you're
considering to replicate the functionality of the 1st Tivo, I'd probably be
looking at a second Tivo.

There is some software available to link both Tivos and intelligently
schedule recordings, shift recordings about, etc but I haven't the luxury
of
2 Tivos to play with.

Don