Re: What's the latest and greatest ?

  • Subject: Re: What's the latest and greatest ?
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:07:24 -0000

We've taken a line on xAP that we don't pre-announce support for
products. Instead, we wait until they are ready to show running.

At UKHA2004, we demonstrated a few things:

1: HomeSeer integration (including auto-discovery of Barionet,
Homevision and C-Bus devices.)

2: End-to-end connectivity of Barionet, Homevision and C-Bus (without
using Homevision).

3: Control of various media players interoperably.

4: xAP-desktop, and integrated "drop-dead gorgeous" Windows
application for controlling your xAP life.

5: xAP integrated into PHP-nuke for Intranets (log all xAP traffic to
any database, PHP-nuke interrogates that).

It's interesting that we've had a lot of success with individual
developers going off and developing their own stuff, and then finding
that it DOES work together on the day. For example, the first time we
had Homevision control of Barionet relays was on the day of UKHA2004
when I turned up with an HV and Edward Pearson with a Barionet.

Have a look at www.xapautomation.org (and the Wiki) to see what's
going on.

Regards,

Mark