Re: [OT] Public open access WLAN

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:14:09 +0100, Davey <db1001@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I also guess some kind of
> > clever routing is required to prevent two PCs connected to the AP
from
> > being able to see each other?
>=20
> The netgear wireless adsl router gives you this ability built-in.
Sorry
> can't remember the model number - but it's silver has 802 b+g,
firewall e=
tc.
> and is sub =A3100. I like it as it was a breeze to setup and is as
steady=
as a
> rock.

Don't forget to check the max connections, if I remember rightly the
DG834G has a max number of 253, it's what stopped me buying it as they
look really nice, and come with a good price. I was put off by the 253
limit as it would interfere with p2p, and you may encounter similar
problems if the cafe ever gets busy ...

--=20
-S