RE: Windows Dir-sync utility?

I use "SYNCBACK" www.syncback.com to automatically backup all my
network
drives to a "backup PC".   It is freeware and running great.

>From their website.....

..."SyncBack is a powerful freeware program that helps you backup and
synchronise your files to: the same drive; a different drive or medium
(CDRW, CompactFlash, etc); an FTP server; a Network; or a Zip
archive".

Cheers,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 31 July 2004 16:55
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Windows Dir-sync utility?

Can anyone recommend a nice, simple, (ideally free!) windows GUI based
utility for syncronising two file structures?

I have two copies of my MP3 library on different machines, and I think I
may
well have made updates to either copy independently in the past (not what
I'd planned to do, but it just happened...)

Now I want to merge them back into one collection, so I want a tool (much
like Robocopy from the windows reskit, but I'd like a GUI one if poss) that
will merge them back taking only the latest copy of a file from either
source.

I have robocopy, and I could use that, but to be honest, I'd prefer a GUI
tool if possible, so I don't have to keep remembering all the robocopy
command line switches!

TIA

Paul G.