New Logitech DiNovo Keyboad/mouse/mediapad

  • Subject: New Logitech DiNovo Keyboad/mouse/mediapad
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:14:57 +0100

Just bought one of these yesterday and thought I'd give my thoughts...

=20

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=3D486,CONTENT=
ID=3D7321

=20

DiNovo ultra flat keyboard, rechargeable mouse and mediapad - all
BlueTooth=
.

=20

All I can say is STUNNING!

=20

Very sleek, sexy design, solid and full of features. BT range is very good
=
- the mouse charger doubles as a BT hub so other devices can connect
(mobil=
e phone, headset etc). It even comes with software to send/receive SMS
mess=
ages from your PC to a BT enabled phone (HA uses there?).

=20

The mouse is comfy, looks good - has scroll wheel, fwd/back browsing
button=
s, fast scroll buttons (like scrolling the wheel but you just hold down
rat=
her than continuously scrolling) and an application switching button. And
m=
ost importantly for me - is rechargeable.

=20

Mediapad is a real gadget - basically it's the number pad but removed from
=
the keyboard and doubles as a calculator (the result of a calc is
automatic=
ally sent to the PC's clipboard for use in progs like Excel etc) and a
navi=
gation pad (for moving around progs). It also features an LCD screen which
=
links up with MSN Messenger etc to show messages as they come in. Also
mean=
t to show emails but I couldn't get that to work. By default the LCD
screen=
shows the date/time in big text.

=20

The keyboard is really flat and uses laptop keyboard style keys for an
ultr=
a sleek look. Nicely finished in black/grey.

=20

Both keyboard and mediapad have sleek media controls for launching
MediaPla=
yer and controlling it etc.

=20

Just tried the range of the mouse/keyboard/mediapad - works anywhere
around=
my house/garage :-)

=20

Have you guessed I'm impressed yet?

=20

Oh, cost me around =A3120 + VAT from distribution, so street price will be
=
something like =A3150 inc VAT.

=20

The only down-sides I've seen so far is it's a little temperamental if you
=
regularly boot into multiple O/S's - I'm finding I have to re-register the
=
keyboard and mediapad each time (uses a secure BT connection). Hopefully
wi=
ll get this sorted though.

=20

Paul