Re: New Logitech DiNovo Keyboad/mouse/mediapad

  • Subject: Re: New Logitech DiNovo Keyboad/mouse/mediapad
  • From: "paul_watkin" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:22:26 -0000

I was put off from getting one of these when I was in a meeting with=20
the company that developed bluetooth and they told me that if you are=20
a decent touch typist you will have problems with the latency of the=20
bluetooth connection and loosing characters.

What is this like in real life?? I'm not about to win a secretarial=20
award but can type reasonably well and would be severly hacked off if=20
I had to slow down to let the keyboard keep up!!

Also does the BT work through walls or is a gyration my only option=20
for through wall working??

Cheers

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> Just bought one of these yesterday and thought I'd give my=20
thoughts...
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>=20
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/GB/EN,CRID=3D486,CONT
ENTID=3D7321
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> DiNovo ultra flat keyboard, rechargeable mouse and mediapad - all=20
BlueTooth.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> All I can say is STUNNING!
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Very sleek, sexy design, solid and full of features. BT range is=20
very good - the mouse charger doubles as a BT hub so other devices=20
can connect (mobile phone, headset etc). It even comes with software=20
to send/receive SMS messages from your PC to a BT enabled phone (HA=20
uses there?).
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> The mouse is comfy, looks good - has scroll wheel, fwd/back=20
browsing buttons, fast scroll buttons (like scrolling the wheel but=20
you just hold down rather than continuously scrolling) and an=20
application switching button. And most importantly for me - is=20
rechargeable.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Mediapad is a real gadget - basically it's the number pad but=20
removed from the keyboard and doubles as a calculator (the result of=20
a calc is automatically sent to the PC's clipboard for use in progs=20
like Excel etc) and a navigation pad (for moving around progs). It=20
also features an LCD screen which links up with MSN Messenger etc to=20
show messages as they come in. Also meant to show emails but I=20
couldn't get that to work. By default the LCD screen shows the=20
date/time in big text.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> The keyboard is really flat and uses laptop keyboard style keys for=20
an ultra sleek look. Nicely finished in black/grey.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Both keyboard and mediapad have sleek media controls for launching=20
MediaPlayer and controlling it etc.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Just tried the range of the mouse/keyboard/mediapad - works=20
anywhere around my house/garage :-)
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Have you guessed I'm impressed yet?
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Oh, cost me around =A3120 + VAT from distribution, so street price=20
will be something like =A3150 inc VAT.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> The only down-sides I've seen so far is it's a little temperamental=20
if you regularly boot into multiple O/S's - I'm finding I have to re-
register the keyboard and mediapad each time (uses a secure BT=20
connection). Hopefully will get this sorted though.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Paul
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha=20