Latest message you have seen: OT (ish): LV Halogen Kit Tripping MCB

Re: Help needed with dead colour Pronto

  • Subject: Re: Help needed with dead colour Pronto
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:55:08 -0000

Phil
I am not sure if I bought this one from LA, can't remember. I have a
couple (B&W NG bought about 2/3 weeks ago) which I bought from LA.
And needless to say I will all future pronto's from LA :-But I know
it's out of warranty anyway.
Can I buy a new charger/cradle?
And I presume no chance of a replacement battery? Is there somewhere
I can send it for repair?
Or is it like an IPOD - not repairable.

Thanks

Keyvan

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@a...> wrote:

> If there are no lights on the cradle then it's probably one of the
fuses in
> the cradle itself that has expired - unfortunately they're surface
mount
> fuses so aren't user repairable.
>
> You'll find it almost impossible to buy a new battery by the way
(if it was
> the battery) as we're still fighting Philips after three years to
get them
> to sell us the batteries as a spare part! (We are however assured
that
> something is being sorted on this.)
>
> I don't suppose you got it from us did you (LetsAutomate)?
>
> Phil

Yahoo! Groups
Links