Latest message you have seen: Re: RE: ADSL contention rates

Re: Re: WiFi Woes :(

wrote:
>> Can't see how/why it might have shifted to a different IP -
>> anyone know of a something I can use to "sniff" my
network to
>> try to find it?
>
> First try the factory default address.

Found the answer - user IQ too low.  I forgot I'd set it to a different IP
when I had two WAPs running at one point.....
Have now upgraded the firmware & just have to wait n see....

> got one of their 54g WAP units, and so far its been fine.  LinkSys
> are no better or worse than Belkin, or NetGear, or SMC, all of which
> I use of have used or am using.  All this "consumer" kit is
cheap,
> its a bit rough and ready, but its cheap, and I get what I'm
> prepared to pay for...

I hear what you're saying, but cheap should not mean "only lasts a few
months" and I am really at a loss to understand why it all works
smoothly
for a while and then dies - and this is without the introduction of any
additional hardware that might interfere with it.....