Re: [OT] Cloning To Server

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Cloning To Server
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:20:42 +0100

In article <001201c42537$f67a84b0$0200000a@study>, Alancc
wrote:
> The whole process took about 7 hours across a 10 meg network.

We get about 75meg per minute on 10 base and about 650Meg per minute on 100
base. Backing up 20GB from my notebook to USB2 HD takes about 30 mins - a
lunchbreak job.

> If the restore is as easy as creating the image then this is one great
bit
> of software especialy for anyone like me who is not totaly techy, even
SWMBO
> could mange it.

Restores from windows are easy if you shove the target drive into a spare
machine. From DOS you need to use the boot floppy to get your machine on
the
network (or to recognise the backup drive if it's NTFS) easy enough to do
but
you're best doing this fiddling now rather than when you have beads of
sweat
on your brow when doing a vital restore.

Regards

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire