Re: [OT] scanning a server

  • Subject: Re: [OT] scanning a server
  • From: "yhkeppy" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:51:11 -0000

Thanks for the interesting insight Mr Microsoft....

Whilst GRC the site may not be to everyone's tastes, it is simple
and offers a service for those who don't want to go into tools like
NMap.

Paul - if you have interest in the subject of security, there are
loads of useful books out there, the best series i've found being
the "Hacking Exposed" books.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@d...>
wrote:
> ... and then quickly move away.  Steve Gibson is a snake oil
salesman whose tools should not be trusted.

> Try NMap from an external address, and do it yourself... if you
see something that you don't understand, pipe up and ask... you'll
learn way more than you could from grc.

> reference: http://www.grcsucks.com
>

> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
> David Clark Company Inc.