Advice on Plasma

OK this is not for me, I would hold off for a year or so but..
My parents want to change TV, to a big screen image (mum was in Canada
for a hol and became spoilt)
They are thinking plasma screen. let me give you a little background
Victorian Semi, high ceilings, Square room, TV in corner, analogue NTL,
TiVo, Dolby surround via old dodgy mini system
They are looking for an upgrade; they are thinking of moving to sky or
NTL digital and already have cable broadband.
Most of the TV is watched live and the DVD player is an ASDA special.
What would you recommend? I am thinking rear projector or 36" CRT

However my parents don't go to the cinema and it might be nice to treat
them to the home cinema experience.

Does anyone have experience of approaching 60 baby boomers with a size
fetish? And let keep it clean it is my parents ;)

Sean

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha