RE: Re: CCTV Server Hardware (again)

Hi guys, thanks for the reply's re my MV1000.

These geovision cards sound great but what does the DSP card do?

If I understand it correctly it boosts the fps? you mention 25fps, what
doe=
s that look like in the real world?

I do not mind paying for something if it is going to work, the trouble
with=
the MV1000 is it is so slow, I wait for it to do something only to find it=
has died.

Another thing that concerns me, maybe, is at the moment the MV1000 is
locat=
ed inside my workshop as the Meerkats have their nestbox and a cage in
ther=
e and as I use the CCTV for watching them I have the cables as short as
pos=
sible and only have 1 long run of CAT5e to my node0, if I create a PC as
th=
e Geovision box I would prefer it to be rack mounted in the node0 but it
wo=
uld be best left in the workshop and just use the existing cabling (8 x
CAT=
5).

Will my life ever be normal?

B.