Re: Re: X10 Status

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, David Buckley wrote:

> Well, it receives most X10 signals, dimming being the obvious odd
> man out, in that you only get half of the dimm commands.

While it is true of TW523, I am not sure it still applies to the XM10U
which has a different microcontroller and firmware. I haven't checked it
for quite some time now but it used to pass on both copies of any X-10
command received. It also sends and receives the newer extended commands
as well.

> by the TW523, and sets the LEDs accordingly.  However, if an X10
> output module either misbehaves or is locally overridden, then theis
> gizmo is non-the-wiser, just like HV/HS/JDS/<insert your favorite
> bit of control software here>

You are right, it is only a dumb TTL to X-10 interface. It is capable of
handling Status Request and Status Response X-10 commands but most X-10
modules don't implement them. It is an issue of the "output"
modules and
not of the TW523. Some newer X-10 modules, like the Micromodule range, do
have Status Request/Response implemented and their status may be tracked
with appropriate software.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.
http://www.laser.com
http://www.cbus-shop.com

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha