Projector woes

Hello all,

I suspect this post is slightly OT but I am at my wits end and you are a
friendly and helpful bunch!

I have a DLP projector - the Infocus LP530 - which has been performing
flawlessly (well, apart from the need for a lamp change) for a couple of
years.  Although I previously used it on a shelf at the back of the room,
about six months ago I installed it on the roof (a much neater solution).
Again, the projector worked flawlessly.  Then (and you can see this one
coming) it decided that it would only work for about 20 minutes before
turning off the lamp and flashing an angry orange light in my general
direction.

After some experimentation, it appears that the problem is heat related.
If I take the projector off the roof and place it by an open window it runs
happily for hours but put it on the roof (even with the heating off) and it
stops after about 20 minutes or so.  Very annoying (even with TiVo it is
tough to get through a show when the lamp could give out at any moment! -
SWMBO is NOT amused).

I have opened up the projector and all seems well.  The lamp is almost new
(280 odd hours), all the filters are clean and, as far as I can tell, the
four fans are all working.

Does anyone had any ideas / tips / suggestions (other than relocating the
projector!).  It used to work just fine on the roof and I'm stumped as to
why it has suddenly developed this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Michael.