RE: SliMP3 and the BBC

It shouldn't do this - I assume you're running the latest released server
code - Have you updated the player firmware too ??

> However, the thing I can't work out is how to get Internet
> radio stations to stream on to the Slimpy.

Pop them in a playlist

> In particular, how can I get BBC R2 thru 4 on to the
> Slimpy? Looks to me like BBC stream  in RealMedia format
> and I really don't want to install RealPlayer on my
> server, besides, it looks like the Slim server doesn't
> support RealMedia anyway????

The BBC use Real audio which as you say the SliMP3 does not support - in
fact I am not sure which hardware players do.  You can get around this with
a bit of realtime transcoding but it is not very satisfactory (there are
some posts on the Slim list re this). There are also some overseas
streaming
sources of some BBC content that are in mp3 or wma.  A high quality route
can be had using a Psion Wavefinder and streaming the BBC digital MUX
output
to the SliMP3, but that needs a bit more hardware.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha