Re: Advice

Hi Anthony,

I've used AWM2 micromodules on 2 occasions where it was absolutely
impossible to rewire/drill holes to add cable etc. Since then the
introduced a cheaper unit but I did not use that one yet so can't
comment. All others are Din modules.
Although expensive it works a treat. One thing to consider in having
multiple switches controlling the same light : momentary switches, it
makes x10 control a lot easier - although the AWM2 and LD11 din
Dimmer support latched switches, it only really makes sense if you
have 1 switch per light.

rgds Rob.
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, <anthony.kirrane@s...> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I need some advice. I will try my best to explain the scenario and
hopefully
> you guys can help me make a decision.
> In my house I have three floors.
>
> On the ground floor there are two light switches one near the front
door with
> a single rocker switch on it and the other at the far end of the
hallway with
> three rocker switches on it.
>
> The single rocker switch near the door controls the main hallway
ceiling
> light.
>
> At the other end of the hall the triple rocker switch controls the
following.

> The first switch also controls the main hallway ceiling light.
> The second switch controls another hallway ceiling light.
> The third switch controls a ceiling light on the first floor.
>
> On the first floor there is a double rocker light switch.
>
> The first switch also controls the first floor ceiling light.
> The second switch controls the second floor ceiling light.
>
> On the second floor there is a single rocker light switch.
> This switch also controls the second floor ceiling light.
>
> So....clear as mud?  I want to be able to control these switches
via X10.  I
> need to consider Cost, disruption, cost again and last but
definitely first
> WAF.  As none of my current X10 installation is working this is
going to be a
> hard sell (My LCD Monitor problem)  However I am convinced I will
be able to
> get everything back on line soon.  I have thought about LM12W in
the ceiling,
> DIN mounted or TMA4 micromodule.  Obviously LM12W is cheapest
option but is
> it the best option.  DIN mounted would mean a new consumer unit and
I presume
> cutting the existing lighting circuits from my existing consumer
unit and
> re-routing them into a new consumer unit.  That's just my best
guess though
> so correct me if I am wrong.  TMA4 I have never seen so I have no
comments
> about them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> regards
>

> Anthony

> This email may contain information which is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it without reading,
copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other
person