RE: FW: External x-10 movement sensors

Hi Stuart,

> The app sounds great so I will have a look for it.=20

It's not actually published (yet) - it's just something I threw together
fo=
r my own needs - I'll package it up and publish it to the web over the
next=
few days.

> Are there any brands
> of 12v PIR and light sensor you would recommend and can you buy them
> online?  The light sensor sounds especially handy and something I
hadn't
> thought about as im always grumbling when the X10 dusk program comes
on
> too late because its really cloudy and overcast.

I bought my light dependent resistor (LDR) from CPC (www.cpc.co.uk) - cost
=
about 70p ISTR.
Order code RE0018066
I just connected it between the joystick's 5V supply and an analogue pin -
=
you then see a value that ranges from 65535 in total darkness down to
about=
700 in bright sunlight - means you can very accurately fine-tune your pref=
erred dusk/dawn settings.

As for outdoor PIRs, I've used the Opal PIRs from GJD - amazingly reliable
=
for outdoor detectors, although not cheap.
CPC have the Opal Elite outdoor PIR, which has voltage-free relay
contacts,=
which is what you need if you want to hook it up to your joystick port:
Order code SR0073266 - but at =A354 it's not exactly cheap!

I'm sure you'll find cheaper outdoor PIRs, though whether they'd be as
reli=
able as the Opal models I don't know.

HTH,

John