Re: Re: Home intercom newbie question

Derek Erb wrote:
> More important than all of this telecomms stuff for me, as it is an
> absolute requirement (home insurance company) and not a dream, is an
> alarm system.  What I need is motion detectors which can set off the
> alarm.  What I want is motion detectors that can also be programmed
> for the lights and smoke detectors of course...

You've got 2 angles there.... do you mean motion detectors to use to
switch lights on when you walk into the room, and also in the event of
intruders, or do you mean an alarm that can switch all the lights in
your house on in event of intruders or smoke detected etc?

The recurring theme when people have asked about the first thing before
is the answer no.

A motion detector to use to switch the lights on/off you want for
occupancy detection and you want to be as sensitive as possible to
detect you as soon as you walk in and repeat while making small
movements while sitting down at desk/ couch etc

A motion detector for your alarm system you want to minimise the risk of
it ever going off unless it really really means it.

I think I've heard of people on here using dual tech PIRs with microwave
and triggering occupancy as soon as either are triggered, but only alarm
when both are triggered, IYSMIM.

Anyways, sounds like Comfort is the alarm system you want. :-)

--
Doogie