Failed hard disk recovery - Help

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Failed hard disk recovery - Help
  • From: "biggles299" <charles@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:55:33 -0000

My IBM 75GXP hard disk has given up the ghost. Does anyone have any
personal recommendations for a data recovery house. There seem to be
plenty out there but I would be interested in any feedback from the
group.
Any suggestions for recovery solutions I can try myself would be
gratefully received.
It looks like the disk cannot find it's boot record.

Symptoms are
Bios can detect the drive.
Drive makes a Tsk tsk tsk sound on boot
Bios reports HDD error
Running IBM drive fitness test gives failure code 0x72 Smart Failure.

So far I have tried:
Manually setting the bios
Another machine
Run as master, run as slave drive