Thin clients for wireless tablets

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Thin clients for wireless tablets
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:23:17 -0000

I have "experimenting" with wireless tablet devices for a little
while now. I use mostly the Lobby suite from Cinemar, because it
looks good and gives me almost everything I need from a HA / media
management.
The drawback is that the products are developed in MM Flash which is
a bit of a stretch for the lower powered cpu's.
I bought a ProGear with Win 98 2/3 weeks back and it is too slow
when running MainLobby etc.
I have a Viewsonic 10" airpanel which is much faster (as the app
runs on the host XP Pro pc, not the airpanel)- I have a Fuji as well
which I don't use because it is too slow.
I wonder if anyone has tried thin clients (presumeably with Win2000
server or above) for multiple laptops/tablets with low power cpu's.
I found this as a cheaper?? substitute for Win server.

http://www.thinsoftinc.com/

It let's you use your XP Pro pc with up to 3 Remote Desktops.
Can anyone think of any drawbacks to this type of 3rd party product
(stability? etc.)

Keyvan R