Re: Mini-Itx Touchscreens

So Landed one of these looks like it will cost somewhere approaching
450 pounds by the time excise have had dibs. and thats before adding
the rest of the bits to make it useful.

That seems an awful lot for a 12" LCD, a 200 watt psu and a piece of
bent metal, however I do like the idea and having identified a
company at southampton boat show (of all places) that can make rather
nice custom panels for wall mounting stuff like this (there main line
of work is making boat dashboards) I am tempted to try my hand at
bending bits of metal!

So to my actual question, where is a good place to source the
relevant LCD screen, controller, touch panel backlight etc in the UK.

Or could I just pull apart a cheap LCD monitor and use the guts of
that and add a touch overlay??

Regards

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Poulton <stuart.poulton@a...>
wrote:
> System's are supplied buy EarthLCD.com
>
> Pricing for the barebone system EXCLUDING touchscreen and
motherboard
> are $399, and if as I suspect the unit is more than 4lbs in weight
> shipping will cost $70.
>
> What we need is a friendly UK supplier to come up with an equivalent
> product.
>
> Regards
>
> Stuart
>
> On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 12:35, Dan Khan wrote:
> > Just looking at latest news on http://www.mini-itx.com/
> >
> > Have some cheap touchscreen mini-itx based PC barebone chassis'
featured - looks ideal for a HA panel for various places around the
house.