From: Doogie Brodie
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] PC NETWORKING QUESTIONS

Frank Mc Alinden wrote:
> Hi Paul
>             Yep thats correci have xp home......I,ll give it a go
now... Just a qick one does the power have to be completely removed from
the pc to install the boards or is shutting down  good enough??

There's 2 main schools of thought:-

1) Oh My God, yes unplug it, unplug it!

2) Leave it plugged in to use the earth, but make damn sure that if the
power supply has a switch, it's set to off and there's no LEDs etc lit
on the mobo.

I don't know what .au wiring is like so the earth option might not be
relevant.

Best to take static precautions (eg grounding strap) , especially when
near memory or processor.

HTH

--
Doogie