X10 in Europe?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: X10 in Europe?
  • From: "Derek Erb" <dce42@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:45:42 -0000

I've been looking around now as to how I'm going to make my new
home "smart".

I've looked at a few web sites here and there and, of course, this
group and I've ordered Smart Home for Dummies which should be here
tomorrow and I've checked out some manufacturer sites (including
Comfort)...

Almost all of my cabling is going to be Cat5e with Ethernet 100b
running throughout the house.  The X10 web site (x10.com -- yeah
those of the infinitely annoying popup ads) looks great for what I'm
looking to do (front door videointercom, motion detection lights
inside and out, multi-directional intercom room-to-room
internally, ...).

I'm just wondering... has anyone here ever used any of this stuff?
Is there somewhere I can buy it in the UK or elsewhere in Europe?
Electricity problems???

I'm basically looking for you to help me avoid making a big mistake
if that's the case...

Thanks.