Re: WinXP Remote view

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: WinXP Remote view
  • From: "Derek Erb" <dce42@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:42:07 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Doogie Brodie <ukhad@d...> wrote:

In my personal use the computer being remotely controlled wouldn't
even have a screen attached...

At the moment I do this with a few Windows 2000 Servers which when
have pcAnyWhere host kick in whenever they're booted and which I can
control from either the internal network or through IP.

I was wondering if I could do the same thing with XP.  I have a few
extra computers and I could run XP on them easier than 2000 Server.
It would be great to be able to keep it running, in XP, and control
it on the internal network and use it as an internal communications
machine (checking cameras, internal music, security, whatever)...

My only worry is that the XP Remote Desktop would really eat away at
memory like the pcAnyWhere host (PCAWH) does.  With the PCAWH I
basically double the RAM I want:  if I want the server to have 1 GB
of RAM I install 2 GB of RAM.

Anyone know if XP Remote Desktop requires more RAM and resources
than PCAWH?