RE: Hacking a Bush IBX 101

Nik,

I paid a bit over the odds for mine, £22.50 in a PC shop in Bluewater, NW
Kent.
Not the usual PC World...

Stocks were limited and as it says in the articles these are no longer in
production.

Connected one at my Fathers house on Sunday, Allowing for TV as a monitor
and
dial-up, as opposed to BB, they work quite well. Although I have tried to
return his e-mail and his address is being rejected at the moment... The
idea
is to get him to take the plunge and spend £100 on a 'proper PC'...

Then I'll try and use them for monitoring Homeseer with Ultraview but not
sure
if it can support animated GIFs...

Nigel

Quoting Nikola Kasic <nikola@xxxxxxx>:

> Nigel,
> I found on those sites stated that it's possible to find those boxes
on
> sales for £10.
> Do you know any of such places. I couldn't find it anywhere.
> Where did you buy yours from?
> Cheers,
> Nik

for more info

> The box only has a modem no NIC / LAN connection which is why I was
> looking for
> the remote access info to fool the box into thinking it had dialled up
> an ISP
> when in fact it had connected to my LAN.
>
> I'll let you know how I get on.
>
> Nigel
>
> Quoting Nikola Kasic <nikola@xxxxxxx>:
>
> > Let me know how is it going. Do you have any useful link?
> > I would like to be able to give some similar device to parents
abroad,
> > but I haven't found any suitable, where I can change ISP details.
> > Does that device have network connection (and can connect to
internet
> > over the LAN) or just a modem?
> > Regards,
> > Nik