Re: OT Building Regs

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Stuart Poulton <stuart.poulton@a...>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what changes have been made to building regs with
> regards to wholly internal rooms.
>
> I'm being told that where refurbishment works take place to wholly
> internal rooms, then both air supply and extract has to be fully
> investigated.
>
> Regards
>
> Stuart

You could try posting this to the UK_Selfbuild forum ;-)

We are doing rebuild/extension of a bungalow which has a wholly
internal wet-room and there is no mention of this room at all on the
building regs drawings. We have an existing extractor in there that
is seperately switched and also comes on with the light, but no
mention of air supply at all...

BCO only seems to be concerned with the new bits.
Maybe it is because we are only touching this room by replacing its
ceiling ?
(I purposely didn't tile all the way to the ceiling because of this)

The thing is I only redid this wet room in January this year before
the building work started (in June), so how would they be able to
descriminate between changes done before or during your refurbishment
if you did the same ?

Just a thought.

Cheers,
John.