FW: Baby's first PC

My 3yr old has been using my wife PC for about 3-4 months....
last week she came into the office and announced -
'Daddy, for Christmas, I've decided I want my own computer....'
She is her fathers daughter.... :)

Some thoughts...

The small laptop mice are just perfect for kids, but watch the leads
most of them are *really* short.I bought a travel mouse from Ebuyer
for ?2.99 - it's great, but had to buy an extension lead for ?3.99.

I've noticed that Ebuyer now do RF USB travel mice for less than
a ?10 - maybe the way to go?

The Beebs websites at www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies are fantastic.
As are www.bobthebuilder.com and others, lots of very simple
games for the youngsters to play.

It may seem obvious, but autologin to a trimed down user account,
no admin/root access, lots of stuff ripped out of program start menus
etc. - you'll be surprised how much damage they can do once they
get the hang of it!

Lee