Re: [OT] PC Failure - suggestions please

>   Bit of trial and error, and believe its a PCI Firewire card ?? -
used
> about
>   twice in last couple of years, so no loss there.

Glad it's all sorted now m8.
The firewire problem reminds me of a while ago when my old man had a
firewire
problem.
One of his firewire devices stopped working in one of his PC's.
He plugged it into another.  No joy.
He tried various other firewire devices in both PC's
No joy.
After much puzzling and faffing and whatnot, it emerged that the original
PC
had developed a fault on it's fireware card.
Plugging in a device caused a fault in the firewire interface of that card.
Plugging the device into another PC propagated the fault to that PC.
Plugging his 2 grand camera(!) into that PC screwed the camera's firewire
interface etc etc....
Luckily, the camera was fixed under warranty and various other bits
resolved by
replacing firewire cards/using the USB interface instead etc, but still it
was
v.nasty that this fault propagated round the devices......

cheers,

T.