[OT] IPCop help needed

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] IPCop help needed
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:27:44 +0100

I downloaded and installed the software on to the machine last night (I was
until 1:45 trying to get it working)

My network setup is a few PC's, a 16 port switch and a Netgear ISDN RT328
router.

I have 2 network cards in the machine. One is the network side (GREEN) and
one is the ISDN router side (RED)

Now, after installing the IPCop software and setting up the cards, IP
addresses etc, I can ping the machine and access the browser interface.
What I can't do is get outside the firewall onto the ISDN router. Checking
the 2 network cards, they show up as eth0, and eth1 with the correct
address and IRQ settings. I also have a cross over cable between the router
and the firewall PC.

The documentation keeps referring to a modem and PPP setup, which in my
case I do not use as the router takes care of this side of things for me.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Dave...
-----
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes....