RE: OT: Any Red hat heads here?

Quoting P Murgatroyd <yahoogroups@xxxxxxx>:

> Out of interest.. Did the new fan work to quieten it down?

Ah yes, I forgot about that - yes, it did make a significant difference to
it.
I replaced both the PSU fan (required soldering - oh, er!) and the case
fan.

I've not yet replaced the processor fan because I don't know what to
replace it
with, but it's quiet enough now not to bother me too much...though I did
notice
this morning that it had ramped up the speed of the PSU fan, which it seems
do now and then - presumably because it was a tad warm.  With the old fan,
this
was VERY VERY intrusive.  Now it is around the same level as my Shuttle
SV25,
or quieter when it's not going full blast.
I will however, be replacing the shuttle fans too, so the linux box may
well
end up the noisiest over all.

Need to fit it in the rack now that it is headless and see if that makes a
difference to heat/noise levels....

cheers,

T.