RE: Re: Alarming the garage

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Alarming the garage
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:16:34 +0100

Interfacing with the opener may or may not be an easy task though depending
on the kit you have. In my case, there were 4 microswitches which created a
3 bit binary sequence on 3 LED's on the door opener PCB - I took a feed off
these and fed them into a home made 'opto isolator' (with help from Frank
Mc Alinden) - a very simple circuit with an opto IC and resistor. This
ensured that the garage door opener circuit would not interfere with the
sensing circuitry (HomeVision). HomeVision then detects the door state and
my HA server now announces door opening/closing etc via Text to Speech over
the whole house audio system. This is great as it works whether manually,
automatically or keyfob activated and can be fed into Comfort as a manual
alarm state :-)

Paul.