From: etj_webster
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 7:51 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Alarming the garage

Thanks all.
Very quick responses ;-]

I'll have a look into these dualtec detectors, and also
get a roller contact.
I'm not too worried about entry through the windows,
although two of them face away from our house and are
very sheltered, so maybe I shouldn't tempt fate.

I'd rather detect a real presence inside the garage
rather than it thinking acorns dropping on the roof
are attempts to break the glass ! lol

Will having more than one sensor cause them problems ?
I personally don't think the pir will be a problem since
it is a passive device after all, but how about the
dualtec's though ?
It is a big garage, so I may need two devices to cover it.
I suppose I could put them in the middle with one facing
one way and one the other if I had to though.

btw, as for 'valuable' contents, that'd be telling :-D
Having it alarmed though significantly reduces my
insurance premiums.

Cheers,
John.