RE: Want a quiet life? Ditch your HA gadgets!

Quoting Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx>:

> I've not had that problem with any of my kit - got lots of LD11 and
AD10's
> and Comfort - not a peep or photon emitted after a power restore :-)

It's not "problems" with the kit as such - just the way
manufacturers have
designed certain kit to do certain things when they first encounter power.
IF you had a chime module, you would have the same problem.
The futronix lights may be changeable but aren't really a problem (Except
when
you go down stairs to see who rang the doorbell at 2 in the morning, at
which
point you probably want a little light on anyway!), but I've lost the will
go hunting for the manual.
The neighbour's alarms, I can do nothing about - these went off as the
power
went off (as you'd expect if you are monitoring for wires being cut)
whereas
the other things happened when the power came back ON.  The alarms were, of
course, still going off at this point and continued to do so for some time
:(

cheers,

T.