Homevision control by xAPL.....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Homevision control by xAPL.....
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:12:38 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ian@w...> wrote:
> Neither xAP nor xPL can talk to Ace yet. The author, Dan Hoehen
needs to do
> some work on that front, and seems to be swamped at the moment.
>
> The "right now" option is to use the xAP HV DDE connector. I
understand that
> this isn't complete, but gives a degree of connection. Mark H was
intending
> to post about the HV connector.. Mark?

OK - some progress since message 84894 to this group. (The last
update)

Since Friday, I've got my head round the DDE stuff, but I've been
called off to clear out the garage and lay a wooden floor in the
dining room by Mrs. H., so not yet finished :-(

Expect the DDE-enabled version within the week, though.

At present, the following HomeVision commands are callable from xAP
(and thus from xPL):

- X10 commands
- Transmit pre-learnt IR
- Run macro
- Enable / disable macro)
- Control Output port (set high, set low, toggle)

The work priority is:

- Finish DDE stuff
- Allow reporting of event FROM Homevision TO xAP
- Support for other Homevision features

I would appreciate feedback (on this list) as to which Homevision
features you would like included next?

I'm working with Ian on ensuring visibility of these features to xPL
users (via the xAP connector and the xAP-bridge module of xPLHal)...
so xPL users are welcome to make feature requests as well as xAP
users.

Regards,

Mark