Re: Routing audio from mics to HA land (and HV outputs)

Hi Paul

>1. WHAT HV PORTS? The mixer’s interface allows muting, gating
and override
selection of >sources via a DB25 connector. For now I just want to use
the
override select features to >manually select one or more mics. A source
is
selected simply by shorting the relevant pin to >the unit’s
‘Logic Ground’
(possibly different to the audio ground???). I don’t want to use
>relays
etc – can I do this just with one of HV’s outputs? (obviously
up to 8
outputs to control >each of the 8 mics). I’m not sure this is OK
and which
port to use (port A?). Once wired up, >selecting the outputs via
schedule is
easy :-)

Port A is ideal for what you want to do as the Port A outputs are open
collector and short to ground when turned on.....

Frank