RE: xPL/xAP was Re: Re: MusicLobby Users?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: xPL/xAP was Re: Re: MusicLobby Users?
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 01:14:05 +0100

- campaigning to get xAP supported and recognised out there requires
a huge amount of time and effort and some focussed marketing - it's always
going to be a tough job as a small group , almost everyone has real jobs
and
crusading for xAP in itself is much like voluntary work. It's really
frustrating for me too. If you've any ideas to help our cause please
suggest
away..
The split with xPL has not helped either of our causes here, both
>from
laid in the minds of the users , but more importantly the developers, some
who have taken a 'wait and see' approach.
I think the aim with xPL as it was being developed was always to
provide the most suitable 'tool for the job' for the personal needs of the
developers (and the typical HA'er) as their first priority. xAP had more
commercial ideas. This is not a criticism of either , it's just a
positioning the groups took.
Getting x supported in as many existing HA controllers, software
application and devices would help both our causes considerably ;-). As
will
getting out professional development tools, applications and x capable
hardware devices.  We've done pretty well here considering the small group
of people we are, the dev tools in particular for both xPL and xAP are 'top
notch' now. We are trying hard - and all have 'to do' lists a mile long, I
am guessing you find this too, timescales however well intentioned seem to
slip.
Lots of things happening in both the x camps now - which I think is
raising the visibility and credibility of both - witness the recent posts
here.

Kevin

<db@e...>

stuart@x...