Re: Linux based PBX/VoIP and VIA EPIA

Hi James,

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Hoye" <yahoo@xxxxxxx>
To: "Ukha_D" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 11:58 AM
Subject: [ukha_d] Linux based PBX/VoIP and VIA EPIA

> What I can't seem to find is the sort of hardware platform required
for
> Linux.  I'm thinking of another VIA EPIA board as they're small,
quiet,
sip
> electricity and represent damn good value for what they are [IMHO].
>
> Will one of these be up to it?  I'm looking at a C3-800 CPU model as I
can
> nick one from my firewall and replace it with a fanless model.  I'm
guessing
> the Asterisk PCI cards take some of the strain from the CPU, and I
*so*
want
> a Snom handset :)

I have a Compaq Deskpro EN 350 SFF (small form factor with an incredible
quiet operation), PIII/350MHz, 64MB RAM runing RedHat 9 and Asterisk,
2xX100P PCI cards, 2xATA186 with 4 analog phones, 1xCisco 7940 IP phone,
several soft phones (IAX and SIP) and a lot of external IAX connections to
my friends.
The maximum load of the processor seen was around 20%.

Hope this help.

Best regards,
Dan