RE: 1U PSU's/heat removal

Quoting "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>:

> Tony,
>
> Remembered my CPC catalogue today :-)  If you've got a 2004 one, it's
at the
> top, middle column of page 810. Contents listed as: PCB, AC adaptor,
C8 mains
> lead, ATX output lead, DC input lead assy. No fan :-)

Ah yes, I see now - didn't realise it was an external PSU.

> and DC-DC Converter Kit". A bit cheaper than CPC too. See the
note about it
> being "only" 55W and the recommendations for drives.

I have a 7200 RPM hitachi in there, so no dice.....
I'll see how I get on with the few 40mm fans I ordered from ultim8pc

> Nice looking case, BTW :-))

"Functional" I think is the kindest thing I can say about it.
Well, it's in a rack behind smoked glass, so looks aren't _that_ important
:)

cheers,

T.