Moving from BT -> Eclipse

  • To: "Home automation" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Moving from BT -> Eclipse
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:50:47 +0100

It seems that it's my turn now.

I had no serious issues with BT so far, but my reasons are:

- eclipse's monthly rental is =A324 compared to =A330 at BT
- they give me static IP addresses for free (which I plan to use for web
server, TiVo, some HA controller etc.)
- they seemed to be the fastest ADSL provider for the past month
(according to www.adslguide.co.uk), but I'm not a heavy user so not that
important
- people recommend them for their customer support, which I didn't need
so far, but you never know.

I tried to call their tech support and got straight through (instead of
press 1 for this, press 2 for that...routine) which is a good sign.

However, I have my ADSL installed by BT engineer, and they cannot
upgrade it straight away. They need BT to cancel my BT openworld account
and convert line back to analogue, and then Eclipse can install their
ADSL and charge me full setup charge (=A350 + VAT, which reduces savings I
planned to achieve a bit).

Has anyone on the group already done that? How smoothly did it go?
I don't want long service disruptions. I saw that there are quite a few
members of the group who are Eclipse customers.

Cheers

Nik