Bigger WLAN?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Bigger WLAN?
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:01:07 -0000

OK,

A friend "needs" to install a WLAN - trouble is, place is too big
for
a single AP (we should all have such problems, neh?)

What's the "best" way to set things up so that:

- He only has a single profile configured on his laptop / iPaq /
tablets

- He can roam about the place and never lose a connection

- He restricts people who can access the WLAN

I'm assuming that the answer to the third part is 128-bit WEP
plus "approved MAC addresses only"... which I know how to do for
single base-station environment but not sure about for bigger ones.

Can I do this for him with Linksys WAPs??? If not, what product is
recommended?

Regards,

Mark