RE: Re: Cat5 cabling

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Cat5 cabling
  • From: <ha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:22:25 +0100

Rob,

Whoops, - I'll keep an eye out for the flat Cat5.

Yep, secondarys, which are basically bare sockets/adaptors with no
electronics, just a bit of wiring. So if you want you can use whatever you
want in the wall sockets (RJ45, RJ11, RG12, BT socket), as long as your
phone cables match up.

Often in installs I put in an all RJ45 patch bay for phones and network,
and
then have combined RJ45/BT socket outlets around the house. MK and other
electrical plate people do some really nice (and expensive) 'modular'
sockets which you can mix and match RJ45/RJ12/BT in a single gang plate.

Regards,

Richard