RE: [OT] Monitor madness

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Monitor madness
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:42:35 +0100

Hi Ian,
=A0
I asked the same question of my optician, is it because of sitting in front
of a computer monitor all day, when I went for an eye test and was told
tha=
staring for a long time at a VDU won't damage your eyes,=A0they will only
get=A0tired and sore but no permanent damage. In fact my eyesight has
impro=
ved
since my last test and I work all day and come home to sit in front of a
screen.
=A0
She said it was a bit like reading a book for a long time, your eyes get
tired and sore and simply looking up and around the room every now and
agai=
is a good thing.
=A0
Just my little bit and her wisdom.