Re: [OT] Monitor madness

> All joking to one side Stuart, don't do it!
>
> You have precisely one set of eyes, and that sort of resolution on a
15"
> screen is *seriously* bad news for your them..

If there is no strain when reading it, theres no problem. I can read
2048x1536
on my 17 from over a metre away, but suffer the 60Hz problem too... So I
use
1920x1440 - 72hz - thats enough normally. Sometimes 1600x1200 if im
suffering
>from

> Have you looked at one of the short tube 19" monitors? or even
the
> possibility of going dual head?

> I use 1024x768 on an LCD panel as my main "reading" screen,
and 1600x1200 on
> a 22" CAD monitor (which I picked up at a knock down price!) as
my main
> screen for games/ running apps/video etc.
> because of the "fuzzier" text on the CRT, I use a larger
point size for
> everything I run on the CRT normally...

ick, cant stand 1024 on anything. What I find really annoying is there are
laptops out there with a 13-14" screen that does 1440xsomething, but I
cant find
anything standalone that does it.

> It's like brakes on a car: if it's a choice between some go faster
stuff
> like CPU, memory etc, or the device you are going to trust your sight
to...
> it's not the place to scrimp on :

And if there is no strain to your eyes then there is no problem - keep
distance