Re: [OT] Monitor madness

Are you sure that this is the general case though Richard?

The reason I am so cautious about these things is from discussions with the
optician who does my contact lenses: she does H&S consulting work for a
few
major offices in Glasgow, doing annual eye checks for VDU using staff, and
she seemed more concerned about the amount of rapid eye movements around
the
screen causing excessive drying out, making you more prone to infections,
giving you headaches, and causing long term problems that way rather than
just screwing up your eyes to read the text...

I can easily read the screen at very high resolutions, and don't feel I
have
to strain: before talking to her, I didn't see there being a  problem.. I'm
basically being super cautious because of the advice I have had from a
pro..
I trust her advice on which lenses are best of my eyes, and so on...

What's your view though? is this advice from an optician you trust? are you
qualified yourself?

I'm interested in a second view on the subject (not least of all because I
am often asked these sorts of questions as I do IT support)

Ian.