RE: UKHA Overmoderated?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: UKHA Overmoderated?
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 08:07:21 +0100

<snip>
> I mean, come on... Someone
> was doing you a favour, with no ulterior motive, it fell
> through, now move on.

Nobody yet seems to have mentioned that nothing has actually fallen
through. O2Hoster is back up and running (as far as I can tell). They
were out of action for no longer than previous outages I've experienced
with both BT and Demon. We're still taking advantage of the cheap
hosting deal (at least until renewal time - who knows?) and they say
they've addressed the problem of both configuration and support.

Chris managed to arrange a good hosting deal for us, for which I'm
heartily grateful. He's moved on and I neither know nor care why. The
only effort that I've had to expend so far is to make sure I've got a
full backup of my site, such that if they do go tits up, I'm ready to
deploy it somewhere else. And that's hardly a bad thing, is it?

Chris - good luck
Graham - thanks for trying
The other Moderators - you have my sympathies

Steve