Re: New motorola IM terminal

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: New motorola IM terminal
  • From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 07:48:16 -0000

> Only works 150 feet from your computer, which is a bit pants.

Same as most cordless phone technologies (I would guess that this is
based on US digital cordless technology). Fine for around the
house/user as a remote control.

> And yes, IM is extremely popular in USA. Why pay for SMS when most
> people (and all teenagers) have Instant Messaging software on their
> computer?
>
> When I had MSN Messenger on my SPV I was actually in heaven.

How about this then? (I'm sure someone has thought of it/done it
already). Combine best of both worlds with a Bluetooth-IM-SMS
gateway/applet. When at home, route IM over BT; when out of range,
automatically re-route IM to SMS.

Patrick