RE: DIY 19" rack plans ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: DIY 19" rack plans ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 06:39:34 +0100

Ant wrote:

I'm fed up of all my rackable stuff floating about in the bottom of the
airing
cupboard, so it's time to bite the bullet. The rack rails have arrived, and
tomorrow will see some cack-handed carpentry action in the garage.

I'm sure at least one person on  here has detailed rack building plans on
their website, but I'm too lazy to ferret them out.

Pointers, any one?

cheers

ant

----------------------------

Ant,

Here's the message I posted a little while ago when I built my rack:

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers,

Tim H.

------
A little while ago I promised to firstly finish, then photograph my DIY
rack.

It's more or less complete. It needs a top & bottom, plus the castors
fitting but it's just about there. All I need now are some
"bargains" (c) to
populate it with ;-)

I apologise in advance for the photos, they were taken about 9.30 last
night, on a DV camcorder without a flash, so they are bit grainy. You get
the idea though. I'll take some better ones with a view to writing this up
as a tutorial, if there's sufficient interest.

The frame is made from two metal-framed tables one on top of the other, cut
down to size and joined with blocks inside the tubing. Overall approx dims
are: 1225h x 580w x 570d

For my fellow skin-flints, the total cost was about 50p for a couple-dozen
screws, everything else came from a very generous skip (yup, that includes
the 3U case :-) )

The pictures are in the photos section of the group on Yahoo, see: