Re: Re: Asterisk progress

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Asterisk progress
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:09:19 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, patricklidstone wrote:

> I mean that ISDN card in your PC can be used to route voice calls to
> or from the public phone network, even if they happen to originate
> from a VOIP phone. So, someone can call an ISDN phone number and have
> the call put through to one of your SNOMS, or you could configure
> asterisk to route outgoing calls from the SNOM over ISDN when
> appropriate and over IP when appropriate...

Thank you for clarifying that. This VoIP technology is getting more
attractive by the minute.

Can I, for example, use the ISDN card that you mentioned to route my
remote IP calls to PSTN while I am abroad and vice versa?

> PS. You should be able to support two concurrent calls over ISDN as
> usual.

And how many IP calls Asterisk can handle concurrently?

Sorry about the endless questions.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx